Re: Grammar - The Gotcha Microsoft Gives

Subject: Re: Grammar - The Gotcha Microsoft Gives
From: kafkascampi <kafkascampi -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:56:41 -0700

I write help topics and manuals for SaaS software. If you use the software,
you are a user. I'd love to call everyone who reads it by their first name,
though.

DAVE, click Release to Production. DAVE, why aren't you clicking Release to
Production? Is it me, DAVE? Is it because I called you a user that one time?

But really, I write my topics in 2nd person, so I only call people users
when describing functionality, etc.

:)

Chris (USER 27b/6)

http://www.doctohelp.com