Re: publishing ebooks

Subject: Re: publishing ebooks
From: Brad Whittington <Brad -at- BradWhittington -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:04:11 -0500

>>> Why would not, for example, a Dummies book, be not a good application for an e-book? Why is it that just novels, etc. are suitable for e-books?

I've bought a few technical books for my Kindle. The biggest drawback
is trying to see a screenshot when they show the entire screen instead
of a section of the screen, and it's too small to see the details, and
it can't be enlarged.

Other than that, technical books are a great application for the
Kindle, for multiple reasons:

-they tend to be large and eat up a lot of physical space.
-they tend to be read once and the occasionally referred to, so who
wants to take up all that space?
-easy to search
-can take notes and highlight and see/edit the notes file separately

--
Brad Whittington
Austin, TX

http://www.doctohelp.com