Re: second acts for technical writers?

Subject: Re: second acts for technical writers?
From: Brian Bertrand <bertran -dot- de -dot- st -dot- jean -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Chantel Brathwaite <brathwaitec -at- cacctus -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:25:36 -0400

honestly, depending on how involved you have been in project processes, its
not a big jump to go to being a project manager or program analyst too.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Chantel Brathwaite <
brathwaitec -at- cacctus -dot- net> wrote:

> A couple of other possibilities: ISD (instructional systems design), tech
> journalism/blogging (not sure how much money is in this though), proposal
> writing. Jack Molisani - a former tech writer who heads up the ProSpring
> Technical Staffing firm did a nice presentation on this very topic a few
> years ago. You should be able to find the slides online here: www.*
> prosprings*taffing.com/Resource/Alternate_*Career*_*Paths*.pdf.
>
> Chantel
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Becky Edmondson <beckyed3 -at- gmail -dot- com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am ready to move on, after many years in writing and editing, and
> > interested in hearing others' thoughts on second careers for technical
> > writers in the corporate world or elsewhere.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> > Doc-To-Help.
> > Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
> > Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
> > http://www.doctohelp.com
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as brathwaitec -at- cacctus -dot- net -dot-

> > or visit
> >
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/brathwaitec%40cacctus.net
> >

> > To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> >
> > Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> > http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
> >
> > Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as bertran -dot- de -dot- st -dot- jean -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/bertran.de.st.jean%40gmail.com

In Service to the Dream,

Brian C. Bertrand
SKA-Bertran de Saint Jean

I am a fan of the cereal comma: Part of a balanced breakfast that includes
milk, juice, and toast.

Showing deference to those with power over you is not courtesy, it is
self-preservation. Showing deference to those over whom you have power is
not only courtesy, but grace.

http://www.doctohelp.com