Re: earlier discussions of "user" (was: Grammar - The Gotcha Microsoft Gives)

Subject: Re: earlier discussions of "user" (was: Grammar - The Gotcha Microsoft Gives)
From: Ruth Sessions <ruthsessions03051 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Milan DavidoviÄ <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 15:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

Milan:

I'm not sure what you'd bookmark it under for future reference, but I do thinkÂ
it's a good idea to do so...

Our short discussion addressed a situation not addressed by the earlier
discussion of employing (or not employing) the word "user":
The case where docs require aÂreasonable third-person substitute for the word
>"user"Âwhen the audience for theÂdoc isÂsystem admins, system integrators,
>programmers, or others settingÂup a system or product for multipleÂuser typesÂ
>with distinct roles.Â
:-)Â

Ruth Sessions
603/886-7355