RE: Name of Hardware Control?

Subject: RE: Name of Hardware Control?
From: David Harrison <dharrison -at- moldmasters -dot- com>
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:33:14 +0200

Command buttons? Control Buttons?

"Press the 'Begin' command button to commence the sequence etc etc"

My own solution in a similar setting was explain how the buttons change at the start of the manual (under "Navigation"). Then I adopted a standard through-out the instructions such as..

"Press [Pause] to hold the operation..."

Where [xxx] mean the appropriate little white button..

David Harrison |
Mold-Masters (UK) Limited | Global Hot Runner and Temperature Control Technology
Netherwood Road | Rotherwas Ind. Est.
Hereford | HR2 6JU | United Kingdom | Company Registration Number: 1912861
Tel: +44 (0) 1432 265 768 | Fax: +44 (0) 1432 263 782
mailto:dharrison -at- moldmasters -dot- com | www.moldmasters.com

Sent on 23.09.2011 16:33 by David Harrison