RE: Name of Hardware Control?

Subject: RE: Name of Hardware Control?
From: "Stephen Arrants" <steve -at- mbfbioscience -dot- com>
To: "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:51:48 -0400

Nancy Allison
> I'm writing about a hand-held instrument that has a flat surface. No
knobs or
> buttons protrude.
[Stephen Arrants]
We have hardware with similar buttons. We call them buttons (Hold down
the Options button...) or just use the name (Press Options to...) in
instruction steps depending on context.
In the diagram of a device, they are called Soft (capacitive) buttons
and then we use the name in callouts.

We haven't had questions or complaints from customers on this.

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

Name of Hardware Control?: From: Nancy Allison

Previous by Author: Friday Fun: David Mitchell's Soapbox
Next by Author: Re: second acts for technical writers?
Previous by Thread: RE: Name of Hardware Control?
Next by Thread: RE: Name of Hardware Control?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads