Re: What would replace WebHelp?

Subject: Re: What would replace WebHelp?
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Chris Despopoulos <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:02:53 -0500

Hi Chris

Wow... one step forward and three steps back?

I recall back in the 80's when Mainframes were all the rage and PCs were just coming into the forefront. Things moved from that centrally located processor with nothing but dumb terminals, to PCs and networks with their own storage, processors and applications.

What you are suggesting is that we are eventually reverting back to that model. No? Sounds like a scene from the first Tron. All applications being centrally controlled by the Master Operating System and no end user actually owning anything. (Shudder)

Cheers... Rick :)

On 9/30/2011 7:35 AM, Chris Despopoulos wrote:

...But I'll go out on a limb and declare that file:// help systems are a dying breed. Everybody wants to go social with their help systems, and that requires server-side action. Also, the day is coming when the "applications" you use will all be clients to servers. Why would the help ever be on the client side?

http://www.doctohelp.com