Re: What would replace WebHelp?

Subject: Re: What would replace WebHelp?
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:31:09 -0500

It's worth noting that Adobe, Madcap and other HAT vendors are in a constant struggle to modify their Web based outputs so they continue to work on newer platforms such as Chrome.

Likely the older WebHelp you tested didn't have the right elements that know how to deal with the newer browsers.

Cheers... Rick :)

On 9/29/2011 9:07 AM, McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:

I'm surprised that Chrome 14 works with older WebHelp.
I tried a couple of product docsets from a couple of years ago (Flare 5-something or early 6, I'd guess), and it draws the frames but leaves them blank. That was yesterday afternoon, while I was composing the opening e-mail of this thread. Last year, from Spring through Fall, Chrome wasn't working with any static WebHelp.

http://www.doctohelp.com