Re: Job searching in this time of attrition...

Subject: Re: Job searching in this time of attrition...
From: Jen Jobart <jenjobart -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:50:02 -0700

My group's docs are available on the web. Most of them are on
http://code.google.com and http://developer.android.com/index.html, and the
locations of both sites can be easily deduced from the job posting. As a
publications manager, I always welcome feedback from candidates about my
group's docs. I may not agree with the feedback but I can still learn a lot
from it, not the least being whether or not the candidate was jazzed enough
about the job opportunity to read our widely-available docs ahead of the
interview. Such a conversation also gives me the ability to assess how a
candidate gives hard feedback, which is good information to know. I may not
agree with the feedback, in which case I like to see how a candidate
responds to my disagreement. Or I might agree with the feedback and respect
the candidate all the more for it. But regardless, whether or not I'm
likely to act on the candidate's feedback is actually rather irrelevant; I'd
still like to hear it.

Jen
http://jenjobart.blogspot.com/

http://www.doctohelp.com