Re: Word (2007) to PDF - remember bookmark settings ?

Subject: Re: Word (2007) to PDF - remember bookmark settings ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>, "'TechWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:02:07 -0700

Yep, I've got the PDF settings (.joboptions files) saved, but the bookmark settings are not included in the .joboptions files...

-----Original Message----- From: Margaret Cekis
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:58 PM
To: 'Monique Semp' ; 'TechWR-L'

Monique Semp asked if there is a setting or method for remembering bookmark
settings for making PDFs from Word documents.
"If I'm working with just one doc or with docs that have the identical
styles that I want as bookmarks, no problem. But if I'm switching
back-and-forth among docs where, for example, some have an appendix and some
do not, and I want that Appendix style to be a PDF bookmark, I have to
select the Appendix style every time I create a PDF of an appendix-including
doc after I've created a PDF of a no-appendix doc...
So I guess I'm just hoping that someone has a nifty trick to easily
(automatically) deal with this situation?
Monique:
I thought that in the newer versions of Acrobat, when you select document
preferences (which I would assume includes the bookmark settings), you can
save that set of preferences as a named file. Then when you want to use the
same settings for making a PDF of a different document, you would choose the
same settings file. (I think you get a roll-down selection list of your
saved settings files to select from, but I'm not sure if that applies to
your version.) Then you save one preference settings file with a name such
as "StdDoc.settings" (whatever the file extension is) and a different
settings file for documents with an appendix as "StdDocApp.settings" I hope
that helps.
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

http://www.doctohelp.com