RE: FM-> HTML graphics conversion problem

Subject: RE: FM-> HTML graphics conversion problem
From: Paul Hanson <twer_lists_all -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 07:57:20 -0600

Just throwing this out there as an alternate way to code this. In my
example, the class "picture" would have the same indent as the li style in
your CSS to make it line up.

The disadvantage (obviously) is that you are essentially manually numbering
the procedure by using the ol start="N" method. In my situation, when I used
this code, it was a procedure that had not changed in many years so
confidence was high that I could use this code and not have an issue and
also very early in my HTML coding days.

<ol>
<li> Begin with the otherwise blah blah</li>
<li> Next click on the item in this picture</li>
</ol>
<ol start="2">
<li> You will now get this result</li>
</ol>
<ol start="3">
<li> then you click something else.</li>
<li> Now we are done. </li>
</ol>

Paul Hanson
Senior Technical Writer