Re: Defining display devices

Subject: Re: Defining display devices
From: Margaret Cekis <margaret -dot- cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 15:14:44 +0000 (UTC)

Roberta Hennessey asked about Defining display devices

"I am presently writing a procedure for software to display on both a
customary web browser and mobile device. I think of the customary web
browser as a desktop or laptop and the mobile device as a smartphone,
though I realize this description is too simplistic. Has anyone seen any
guidelines or nomenclature around how to define different devices
(smartphone, tablet, ePub, etc.)? Has anyone seen any standards in our
field?"
Roberta:
Check out Alertbox: Jakob Nielsen's Newsletter on Web Usability
User research findings, Design guidelines for Web and intranet (and now for mobile devices)...http://www.useit.com/alertbox/ - HTH
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

http://www.doctohelp.com