Re: need suggestions on handling a boss

Subject: Re: need suggestions on handling a boss
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Kari Gulbrandsen <kkgulbrandsen -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 19:41:20 -0800

It's late, but if I were in your predicament, I would not put up with
your boss' response. If your boss is stopping you from conducting the
research you need to prepare for meetings and complete the job, then
she is not thinking if the conpany's best interests.

Early this year I was chastised by a colleague who said that my
problem was that I ha o understand what I was writing. Hello? if I
don't understand it, how would anyone who reads it understand it
either?

I you have time, I'd review your work to see what questions you didn't
understand. Then I'd track down the subject matter experts and get the
answers to those specific questions.

You didn't say how long you've been working there. Your boss is
lauding her higher degree of technical understanding over you. If
you're new, you may need time to ramp up on your domain knowledge.
Your role is to improve the company's documentation. If your boss was
a company player, she would understand that your doing whatever it
took ti get the job done would make her look good.

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com