RE: What doc formats do readers actualy use? Was, "what doc formats do READERs want ?"

Subject: RE: What doc formats do readers actualy use? Was, "what doc formats do READERs want ?"
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:57:09 -0500

Responding to Tony Chung's stated preference for a separate reading device rather than a second monitor, Leonard Porello wrote:

> I am having a hard time understanding why an iPad or e-Reader would be better than a second monitor.

That's easy. The second monitor can only be used when you are seated at your desk. You can't read it if you stand up, or if you lean back and put your feet up, or if you sit in your visitor chair for a change of scene, or if you go to into the lab or to the break room for a while. You are stuck sitting at your desk to be able to read.

-Fred Ridder

http://www.doctohelp.com