Re: ANONYMOUS POST: Staffing with unskilled workers

Subject: Re: ANONYMOUS POST: Staffing with unskilled workers
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: INKtopia Admin <admin -at- inktopia -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:31:09 -0800

Are you personally reviewing and rewriting everything the admin assistant
writes before handing it off for technical review to SMEs and product
managers?

These is obviously a rhetorical question, since the OP is anonymous, but
the first thing I would do is stop rewriting everything the admin assistant
produces before sending it to SMEs and PMs and concentrate on the rest of
the work you're supposed to be doing after you hand off that project.
You're not an experienced trainer of tech writers (at least I hope you're
not, based on these results) and you've done what you can to "help her come
up to speed and work with her." Now it's time to let the rest of the
company see the results.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com