Re: Software for large graphics?

Subject: Re: Software for large graphics?
From: jimmy -at- breck-mckye -dot- com
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 00:48:29 +0000

To echo William and others, do you really need detailed screenshots in the first place? You might find it better to abstract the different 'screens' into descriptions of what's fundamentally 'going on'. This will not only help you identify the real bone and gristle of the product's workflows, but stop discussions drifting off topic as participants notice 'odd little things' they'd like to change.

You might also find it useful to produce several diagrams for specific workflows or use cases. Depending on your service, you might also want to diagram 'offline' activities - like finding data to submit to the application, for example - to really help streamline the experience.

On 16.01.2012 17:43, Julie Stickler wrote:

Question for the group

Our new Product Manager wants to make a "map" of our product as an
exercise to understand how everything fits together and a starting
point for identifying missing features and possibly redesigning work
flows. His idea is to combine screen shots to create process flows on
a large scale, then print everything out on our huge plotter printers.

My question is, what would be the preferred software for creating a
document that contains a lot of images and where the document size
might be measured in feet rather than inches? For example, what do you
use when designing banners for marketing displays? Or creating data
dictionaries for databases?

I've got Visio and InDesign available to me, and could probably get my
hands on other software. Although I think CAD would probably be
overkill for this project.

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as jimmy -at- breck-mckye -dot- com -dot-
or visit

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/jimmy%40breck-mckye.com

http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources
and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our
online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our
public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives

http://www.doctohelp.com