Re: Training Manual?

Subject: Re: Training Manual?
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 06:20:18 -0500

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:36:48 -0500, Connie Ross <connie -at- hartiatech -dot- com> wrote:

I have a client who owns a Tennis Court and other sport surfacing business. He wants to document the steps required in laying down a tennis court surface from beginning to end, as a resource to train new staff. ...

Smart client. Probably needs to worry about complacency. "How hard could this be? I don't need no silly training. I worked on a road crew once and watched the guys laying down asphalt. It's so easy I could do it drunk." I'd think it might be helpful to show photos or drawings of sloppy work contrasted with correct work. If the crews are going to be working with customers, your client might want them trained to resist requests for on-the-spot changes to the work order.

Perhaps you are making a training manual, but perhaps it is also a handbook that the crews can use on site as a reference when confronted with problems or problem customers. "Let's look in the book, and make sure we get this right."

I'll bet the document will pay for itself when it helps a crew avoid one single mistake such as failing to detect the need for an extra amount of foundation or drainage work. "Gee, this ground is squishy. But the plans don't call for a french drain like that book suggests. I think we'd better call the boss."

http://www.doctohelp.com