Re: Techno-fuddyduddy getting anxious

Subject: Re: Techno-fuddyduddy getting anxious
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riveraintech -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 20:32:47 -0800

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Dan Goldstein
<DGoldstein -at- riveraintech -dot- com> wrote:
> Someday, I want to put minor, deliberate errors in a document and offer
> a reward to the readers who catch them.

While this is cute, I think enough errors get into manuals on their
own without any deliberate effort. In most cases, known issues were
left in the manuals due to shortage of time. Even when we came back to
review that manual, there were so many other high-priority corrections
were needed, that the existing errors couldn't get fixed. If users
didn't complain about the issue, then the errors were never corrected.

Sigh. We would probably have have had more luck correcting these
issues by drawing them randomly out of a jar.

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com