Is there a term for this?

Subject: Is there a term for this?
From: Joe Weinmunson <litlfrog -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 10:55:37 -0500

A friend of mine wonders:
"So if you have a list of items on a website, printed document, or other
means of communication, and someone doesn't notice one of them, it seems to
me that moving everything to the top in bold blinking colored fonts, while
it might briefly solve the problem, does so by causing the problem for the
next two times . . . is there a term for what I'm talking about, and is it
a concept in use?"

I certainly know what he's talking about, but I'm an informally trained
lone tech writer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Joe Weinmunson

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to
be beautiful.
--William Morris

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Previous by Author: Re: Wiki
Next by Author: Re: Is there a term for this?
Previous by Thread: Re: AP Writers are the best
Next by Thread: RE: Is there a term for this?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads