Re: Is there a term for this?

Subject: Re: Is there a term for this?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Joe Weinmunson <litlfrog -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:20:34 -0500

Fustercluck. ;)

Can you clarify the situation and the question?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Joe Weinmunson <litlfrog -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> A friend of mine wonders:
> "So if you have a list of items on a website, printed document, or other
> means of communication, and someone doesn't notice one of them, it seems to
> me that moving everything to the top in bold blinking colored fonts, while
> it might briefly solve the problem, does so by causing the problem for the
> next two times . . . is there a term for what I'm talking about, and is it
> a concept in use?"
> I certainly know what he's talking about, but I'm an informally trained
> lone tech writer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Is there a term for this?: From: Joe Weinmunson

Previous by Author: Re: Yay or Nay
Next by Author: Re: What type of document is this?
Previous by Thread: RE: Is there a term for this?
Next by Thread: RE: Is there a term for this?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads