Re: RoboHelp 9 vs. Flare 7

Subject: Re: RoboHelp 9 vs. Flare 7
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>, "'Rick Stone'" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 21:07:47 -0800

Macromedia acquired BlueSky/eHelp and laid off MOST of the RH developers, who formed MadCap. Macromedia then sold out to Adobe, and either Adobe nailed the rest of the RH folks to ship development to India or they saw the handwriting on the wall, got out ahead of the hatchet people and at least some of them joined their previously terminated coworkers at MadCap. I still have emails in my archives about the original not-public beta of Flare, and they're from 2004.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>

I may be mistaken, but I remember events differently. As I recall, Adobe
gained full ownership of RoboHelp 5, and they were the ones who cut loose
the U.S development team and then went completely silent on the fate of the
product. Perhaps someone on the list who works for Flare has a more clear
recollection of events.