Re: current economic difficulties in Florida (was: Here's another winner- guess the pay)

Subject: Re: current economic difficulties in Florida (was: Here's another winner- guess the pay)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Milan DavidoviÄ <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:33:03 -0800

I don't think I'd expect to see a huge improvement. During the height of the dotcom I had a brief phone exchange with a company in FL, and even with a high flying tech boom going on the salary numbers were a whopping 40% lower than the going rate in Silicon Valley. Granted, the COL as also lower, but not by enough to compensate. There will certainly be some good news there as the economy slowly recovers from the Great Recession, but FL isn't going to be a tech employment hub any more than it was before the crash.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Milan DavidoviÄ" <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>

There may be reason to take heart:

Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help