RE: Ghostwriting question

Subject: RE: Ghostwriting question
From: "Robart, Kay" <Kay -dot- Robart -at- tea -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>
To: "Matt Gras" <mattgras -at- comcast -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:33:28 -0600

I haven't personally done this, but I knew someone who did years ago. I think it is very important to get all those details decided (and in writing) before you start. My friend's experience was that the "author" gave her a pile of materials to work with and none of his time. In the end, the book was never finished. I don't know what he paid her for the time she spent on this work (more than one year of her time). She saw it as an opportunity to develop a credential, since she was just starting out as a writer. It wasn't.

Kay R.