RE: Word 2010 cross reference issue

Subject: RE: Word 2010 cross reference issue
From: "Steve Janoff (non-Celgene)" <sjanoff -at- celgene -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Ben Davies <bdavies -at- imris -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:59:07 -0700

Ben,

Don't know if this will be helpful or not, as it's been a while, but have you tried switching to Outline view and dragging sections around that way? Then after rearranging, go back to Print view (or whatever you use), select all (Ctrl+A), and press F9 to update all references. Recommend if you're going to experiment in any way, you do so on a copy of the original, of course, but I'm sure that's unnecessary info.

Outline view seemed to work better for things like this in versions past, as opposed to copy/pasting the sections. Just a thought. (Assuming you're not already doing this.)

Steve

PS - If you're moving part of a section rather than a whole section, create a temporary header that you'll see in Outline view -- sort of a drag-handle.