RE: Word 2010 cross reference issue

Subject: RE: Word 2010 cross reference issue
From: Ben Davies <bdavies -at- imris -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:28:37 +0000

A quick update...

I used outline view to re-organize a large 200+ page manual today, and none of my cross-references got broken in the process.

Wow! What a revelation! The cross-references are now actually working as intended instead of breaking every time I move a section!

I have been using Word for 10 years and have never realized that Word would be inserting hidden bookmarks to handle internal references, because I most certainly do not use bookmarks, and have not inserted one into any manual since Word 97.