RE: Student Interviews

Subject: RE: Student Interviews
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riveraintech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:01:48 -0400

Hi Lonie,

<raises hand> I have an idea.

As you know, one common tech writing task is to dig through great, big
piles of information, looking for specific data. We then present the
results clearly and concisely to others, in order to get their feedback
and updates (if we're lucky).

The question of how to prepare for and acquire employment as a tech
writer has been discussed many, many times on TECHWR-L. Maybe your
students should present to us a brief summary of all they can glean from
the TECHWR-L archives. This might inspire us to debate specific points,
shoot down or praise old ideas, offer new ideas, etc.

I'm not guaranteeing a successful response, but it would be a valuable
exercise in any case.