RE: Documentation Process in an Agile environment

Subject: RE: Documentation Process in an Agile environment
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riveraintech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:11:16 -0400

We use Agile within the broader context of design control under US and European medical device regulation. It is possible!

IMHO, the trick is not to get hung up too much on templates, but rather to understand what information ought to be covered by each artifact, and to be there when the document is being created to make sure it has what you need. You have to be at Sprint Planning and Review Meetings, and to get copies of other artifacts - Unit Testing records, Conditions of Satisfaction, etc. If you can attend the stand-ups, I recommend it, just for the sake of better understanding the artifacts later on.