Re: Translation costs are too high - need CMS for localization

Subject: Re: Translation costs are too high - need CMS for localization
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Ben Davies <bdavies -at- imris -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:39:38 -0400

Hi Ben,

Maybe you could explain what it is that you mean by "CMS that can help
manage localization". You certainly do not need to use a CMS to get
localization savings, but it *can* certainly help.

Things that will help:
* own your translation memory.
* standardize on style, terminology, and wording.
* use templates and adhere to them
* design templates and documents with localization and translation in mind

If you want to chat one on one about this, let me know.

Bill

--
Bill Swallow
Content Solutions Manager