tech writing recruiters

Subject: tech writing recruiters
From: Kari Gulbrandsen <kkgulbrandsen -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:56:45 -0400

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some advice about job recruiters. I was laid off at the
end of March. (Some of you may remember my tale of woe -- I managed to
stick it out for 6 months before getting laid off. It was actually a relief
with what I was going through with my commute and the situation.) Anyway,
I'm looking for a new job, and I'm not sure how to deal with the recruiting
situation. I am being contacted multiple times for the same position. Some
of these are decent positions, so I would like to go with a recruiter who
will be able to do me the most good or who I can develop a relationship
with.

Do I need to be concerned with being low balled or having my resume sat on
(so they can get somebody else in the position)? Or am I just worrying for
nothing, and that I should go with the first person who contacts me about a
position?

Any and all advice or anecdotes on how to proceed is welcome.

Thanks!

Kari.
--
Kari Kristine Gulbrandsen
Reflective Editing | Enlightening Sciences

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help