Re: Dilbert Today

Subject: Re: Dilbert Today
From: Ken Stitzel <kstitzel -at- symplified -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:31:57 -0600

Laura/all,

I was around in those days and saw the original debate--and Scott Adams
response--unfold before my eyes. It was awesome!

I think our profession is as deserving of satire as any. There are
definitely some Tinas in our world. Sure, sometimes I wish Adams were more
sympathetic to the tech writer's frequent plight, ala the old joke about
how the tech writer breaking her/his back trying to document an elephant
according to specifications only to find out at the last minute that the
company had changed the spec to rhinoceros six months before.

But it was the very grumbling from this list that helped create Tina's
ongoing character! That's hilarious. If you don't like it, send Adams your
best funny stories about elephants/rhinos, pointy-haired bosses, and
dealing with engineers like Dilbert, Wally, or Alice (and her Fist of
Death, which I envy). He'd probably like the inspiration....

*Kendal Stitzel*
(also pretty old)

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help