RE: Careers For People Who Don't Like People

Subject: RE: Careers For People Who Don't Like People
From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:41:25 -0400

I do think that management hoped this would be the result, and along with the team building and hiring mega-brains (PhD programmers), could create Super Teams that could read each others minds...especially useful in the Scrum environment. They also told us we all needed to be Leaders, even tho they were obviously grooming their favorites. We became scapegoats for management failures. Matter of fact, managers kept getting promoted after colossal flub-ups.

I can't say I didn't learn a lot and pick up new skills thanks to some of their efforts, but the stress was enormous. I felt icky.

I think you can learn about yourself using some of these assessments (or a good course like Dale Carnegie), but using them to make major business decisions is another story.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help