Re: Construction terminology question

Subject: Re: Construction terminology question
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:12:44 -0700

Foundation piles can be precast and driven in or they can be poured in
place. If you don't know the specific method being used, the most common
generic term appears to be "install."

Gene Kim-Eng

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Debbie Hemstreet <
D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I need to write about a construction project.
> We have the term "piles" (which look like long tubes to support an outer
> construction wall).
> How would I say... 1,800 piles were xxxx...

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Construction terminology question: From: Debbie Hemstreet

Previous by Author: Re:
Next by Author: Re: Construction terminology question
Previous by Thread: Re: Construction terminology question
Next by Thread: RE: Construction terminology question

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads