Re: Another way to say High-Performance

Subject: Re: Another way to say High-Performance
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl6955 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Jim Jones <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 12:55:14 -0400

One additional problem with calling anything "high performance" (or
"advanced" or similar terms) is that when the next generation product
comes out, this item may not really be considered "high performance"
any longer.

You might be better off with "...a standards-based, routable IP media
transport system that [insert high-level summary of system capability
here]"

On 10/8/12, Jim Jones <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> Presented with ' I have the following sentence that I want to change
> the phrase High-Performanceâ.
> Any thoughts?
>
> â. a high-performance standards-based, routable IP media transport system: '
>
> I'd say that if it has to do with autos, you could keep it but in a
> different place in the sentence:
>
> â. standards-based, routable IP media transport system,
> high-performance, that is .... '
>
> OTOH perhaps you want to eliminate the expression entirely. If this is
> the case then I'd go with sthg like exceptional, precision, or
> high-precision.
>
> Or you could simply elide the expression.
>
> ...with thoroughly standards- based and routable IP media... sounds
> good to my ear too.
>
> Jim Jones Sr Mem STC
>
> 'Xie4 xie ni3de hao3 yi4. Ni3 hui4 zhong1wen2 ma?'
>
> linkedin.com/in/jimxlat [editing, translation, other]
>
> Twitter @han4yu3 [Mandarin coaching, tutoring, and communication
> consulting, via phone from Chicago]
>
> --Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com via lists.techwr-l.com
>
> 2:47 PM (1 hour ago)
>
> to techwr-l
> Hello All:
>
> I have the following sentence that I want to change the phrase
> High-Performanceâ.
> Any thoughts?
>
> â. a high-performance standards-based, routable IP media transport system.
>
> Thanks,
> Megan
> Best Regards / Mit freundlichen GrÃÃen / äæèææ
> BeQIK
> Megan Bruce
>
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net> wrote:
>> I guess it can depend on how vague or colorful you want to be.
>>
>> Off the top of my dizzy head:
>>
>> supercharged
>> exceptional
>> fast
>> thorough (or comprehensive)
>> sleek
>> bat out of h377
>> precision
>> reliable
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 10/8/2012 12:47 PM, Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2.5-NA) wrote:
>>>
>>> I have the following sentence that I want to change the phrase
>>> High-Performanceâ.
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> â. a high-performance standards-based, routable IP media transport
>>> system.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
>> Doc-To-Help.
>> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.
>>
>> Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
>>
>> http://bit.ly/doc-to-help
>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>>
>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
>> info.
>>
>> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
>> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>>
>> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
>> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.
>
> Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
>
> http://bit.ly/doc-to-help
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as rjl6955 -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


References:
Another way to say High-Performance: From: Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2.5-NA)
Re: Another way to say High-Performance: From: Lauren
Re: Another way to say High-Performance: From: Jim Jones

Previous by Author: Re: Another bogus personality test
Next by Author: RE: Numbering paragraphs
Previous by Thread: Re: Another way to say High-Performance
Next by Thread: Re: Another way to say High-Performance


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads