Re: Partial SSN request

Subject: Re: Partial SSN request
From: Jim Jones <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:56:50 -0500

Interesting. Thanks. I'm going to use my TIN, which I had forgotten about,
but what you say makes sense.

Thing is, people are going to have start figuring out a better way to do
this because the last four digits is kind of prevalent for many
over-the-phone things wrt banking info. Come to think of it, that too
probably going to go the way of the dinosaur.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net> wrote:

> Using the last four of the SSN for ID is getting so common now.
> Recruiters must avoid double submissions because companies will reject any
> candidate who has been submitted more than once. Two people may have the
> same name, but it is unlikely that two people will have the same *and* the
> same last four numbers of the SSN. Other forms of ID may work, like driver
> licenses, but not everyone has a license to drive. Also, people not
> authorized to work in the U.S. will not have an SSN but they can have a
> driver license.
>
> You can tell them that for privacy reasons you will not provide any part
> of your SSN until you are negotiating a contract. You can suggest using
> all 9's until you reach the contract negotiation phase.
>
>
>
> On 10/26/2012 8:39 AM, Jim Jones wrote:
>
>> A consulting firm wants to submit my credentials to a client firm of
>> theirs
>> for a possible contract job. They asked me for the last four numbers of my
>> SSN [not the whole thing].
>>
>> I am thinking that I should balk because, even though it is true that it
>> is
>> not the entire SSN that they are asking for, still those last four are in
>> fact used a lot out there in the market, for serious things, informally.
>> What do you think?
>>
>
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^**^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Writer Tip: You have more time to author content with Doc-To-Help, because
> your project can be up and running in 3 steps.
>
> See the &#8220;Getting Started with Doc-To-Help&#8221; blog post.
> http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-3-**steps <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-3-steps>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^**^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- **com <techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/**email-discussion-groups/<http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/>for more resources and info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Writer Tip: You have more time to author content with Doc-To-Help, because your project can be up and running in 3 steps.

See the &#8220;Getting Started with Doc-To-Help&#8221; blog post. http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-3-steps
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


References:
Re: Partial SSN request: From: Lauren

Previous by Author: Re: Another way to say High-Performance
Next by Author: Re: Follow #Sandy @ HHS
Previous by Thread: Re: Partial SSN request
Next by Thread: Al Geist wants to share a shopping list with you


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads