RE: Win 7 WORD crashes... Going to wrong Library?

Subject: RE: Win 7 WORD crashes... Going to wrong Library?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "mihailokostich -at- aim -dot- com" <mihailokostich -at- aim -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:10:06 -0500

This is probably unrelated, but you never know:

I don't usually get crashes in Word, especially since I went to
Office 2010 on my Windows 7 laptop, BUT I'd often get severe
slowdowns and wonky behavior in both Word and Outlook.

That kind of behavior has pretty-much disappeared ever since
I began ensuring that Internet Explorer stays off. I have Iron
as my default browser, and the only time IE opens is when a
MS app launches it, or when I have to perform certain actions
on our very MS-centric internal web-and-collaboration site.
Then I quickly close it again. Word has been quite well behaved
since I started my habit of keeping IE off-stage a few months ago.

I've also found that IE really seems to resent not being the
favorite. Very frequently, it takes four, five, or more clicks of
the X symbol to persuade IE to close down. It's the only program
where I've noticed this. Close the pod-bay doors, Hal. ... Hal?

or disclosing it.

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs