FW: How does your team track document requests?

Subject: FW: How does your team track document requests?
From: Gregory Brown <gregory -dot- brown -at- pronto -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:21:58 +0000

Third try to post, hope it goes through this time :-)

We have an internal workflow system that is used to track documentation and software requests. That works fairly well. Bugzilla has been used for a while here also and it is reasonably good, although we use Bugzilla primarily for recording software issues, not documentation requests.
An open source tool called Redmine is currently being investigated and it is looking very positive as a complete project management + bug tracking tool

http://www.redmine.org/

Greg

Gregory Brown
Technical Communications Team Manager
Pronto Software Limited
20 Lakeside Drive, Burwood East, VIC 3151, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9887 7770 | Mobile: +61 409 936 378
Email: gregory -dot- brown -at- pronto -dot- net
Website: www.pronto.net | Twitter: @ProntoSoftware