What graphics tasks do you perform?

Subject: What graphics tasks do you perform?
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:07:34 -0600 (CST)

Hi, all. I hope you can take a minute to help me gather info for a book review I'm working on.

I'm reviewing a book about GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) and I want to be sure that I cover the subjects of interest to tech writers. I'm interested in everyone's response, but especially in the responses from those of us who have no graphics training but have to deal with graphics as part of their jobs.

I have two basic areas of inquiry:

One: What tasks do you perform? Here are the usual tasks I perform -- please add to the list or clarify as needed:

--Making modifications to line drawings
--Making modifications to photos
--Sharpening elderly graphics
--Resizing high-res photos for use in user docs or online help
--Creating new graphics from scratch (very rarely)

Two: what are your biggest areas of difficulty (and what tools do you use?)

Thanks very, very much. I'll write a more useful review if I know what kinds of info you are looking for!

--Nancy

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z