Re: When is it too much information?

Subject: Re: When is it too much information?
From: Debra Crum <dl-crum -at- cfl -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Anne Robotti <arobotti -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:24:53 -0500

I believe Ryan used the term correctly.

w3schools.com referring to HTML (and other elements) that are outdated:

*Deprecated

A deprecated element or attribute is one that has been outdated.

Deprecated elements may become obsolete in the future, but browsers should
continue to support deprecated elements for backward compatibility.*

Orace referring to program elements
â that programmers shouldn't use because a better one exists
:

*A program element annotated @Deprecated is one that programmers are
discouraged from using, typically because it is dangerous, or because a
better alternative exists. Compilers warn when a deprecated program element
is used or overridden in non-deprecated code.*

Debbi

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Anne Robotti <arobotti -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Deprecated? I don't think that word means what they think it means,
> unless it's a section about features the users complain about!
>

> Sent from my Windows Phone From: Ryan Young
> Sent: 2/19/2013 12:16 PM
> To: Ryan Pollack
> Cc: tech2wr-l
> Subject: Re: When is it too much information?
> The release notes at my new position have a section called "Deprecated
> Features" as well as a section called "Changed Functionality." I feel like
> that's not a bad idea. Seems like it would address situations like the one
> described in the original post.

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z