Re: What graphics tasks do you perform?

Subject: Re: What graphics tasks do you perform?
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:05:52 -0500

I use PhotoShop (CS5) for image manipulation. The later versions have much
better selection/masking algorithms than the earlier ones. I was lucky that
one of my former employers sent me to a 3-day PhotoShop workshop that I
think one entire day was spent learning how to select stuff. I thought I
knew most of the program but I learned a huge amount of tricks during those
3 days. I also learned a huge amount with the Clasroom In A Book series.

For drawings, I use Illustrator if I don't have to share the source files
with other people in the company.As far as what I do, I create toolbar
icons, tradeshow displays, and marketing collateral. I've barely done any
writing since I'm the only "artist" in the company.

---
wendyshandmade.etsy.com
www.wendysheridan.net
www.sheridanmultimedia.com