Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for February 22, 2013
From: INKtopia Admin <admin -at- inktopia -dot- net>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:07:26 -0500

It’s been a far-ranging week here at TechWhirl, and a short break is in
order to provide a helpful technical communication recap. On Monday, we
tickled the funny bone with Yehoshua Paul’s Genesis of Technical Writing
and Engineering<http://techwhirl.com/humor-genesis-technical-writing-and-engineering/>.
Tuesday brought a chance to vote and chat on how we react and respond to
criticism of our
work<http://techwhirl.com/technical-communication-poll-handling-conflict/>.
Wednesday was back-to-basics with a classic piece answering lots of
questions on Indexing<http://techwhirl.com/tech-comm-foundations-indexing-faq/>.
Craig Cardimon curated another fascinating week of
commentary<http://techwhirl.com/technical-writing-magazine/>from
luminaries around the web.

Today may only be the fifth day, but we feel somewhat inclined to take a
rest (Friday just has that effect, no matter how the rest of the week
worked out). If you’re slowing down at the office, ready to drift into the
weekend, it’s probably a good opportunity to at least look like you’re
working -catch up on a busy week of
news<http://techwhirl.com/technical-communication-news/>,
check out our latest research
areas<http://techwhirl.com/technical-communication/>,
follow the latest threads on the email discussion
list<http://www.techwr-l.com/>,
peruse the latest job opportunities <http://jobs.techwhirl.com/>—you know
the routine.

If you don’t know the routine, then welcome to TechWhirl :-) Visit a while
and join the conversations, or start one of your own. It’s a friendly
bunch, just remember to bring your own coffee (or tea).

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week February 21 2013, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/VyozTk
- Technical Communication Foundations: Indexing FAQ, by Lori Lathrop |
http://bit.ly/155mMYU
- Technical Communication Poll: Handling Conflict Over Your Work |
http://bit.ly/UDH0qA
- Humor: The Genesis of Technical Writing and Engineering, by Jehoshua
Paul | http://bit.ly/12XOJ6q

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- iFixit University Technical Writing Program Expands with Educator
Workshop | http://bit.ly/XpNGbu
- Autodesk Premieres 3D Building Instructions for LEGO MINDSTORMS |
http://bit.ly/XG5Wwr
- Acrolinx 3.0 Released with Outlook Support | http://bit.ly/WZ1M2F
- DITAToo Releases Survey Results on Converting Legacy Content to DITA |
http://bit.ly/X1bSS6
- oXygen XML Editor 14.2 debuts with support for XML Schema 1.1 |
http://bit.ly/YhAOEK

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z