Re: The great note-taking divide is coming

Subject: Re: The great note-taking divide is coming
From: Editor in Chief <editorialstandards -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Ward, Teri A" <teri -dot- a -dot- ward -at- boeing -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 01:02:56 -0500

The flow of cursive makes it faster, especially after you've begun taking
shortcuts in the interest of greater speed.

The whole point of printing, by hand, is to ensure clarity, future
decipherability. Or, it was.
That function is largely taken over by keyboards, real and virtual.

The latest BlackBerry on-screen keyboard looks like it'd finally be a
replacement for a pen/pencil and notepad, for taking notes in an interview.
And the result would be as legible as anybody could care to see.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Ward, Teri A <teri -dot- a -dot- ward -at- boeing -dot- com>wrote:

> I always thought the whole point of cursive was that it was *faster* than
> printing each letter separately. Connecting the letters in a continuous
> flowing motion. To me printing each letter separately is much more
> laborious than cursive and should only be done when required, such as
> crossword puzzles and forms that require you to print.
>
> This is one of the (very) few times that I'm glad I'm old. And I will
> happily write cursive the rest of my life until they pry that pen from my
> cold dead fingers. :)

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z