RE: Scrum as a Job Requirement

Subject: RE: Scrum as a Job Requirement
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:58:26 -0800

William Sherman wrote:

> From what I have read on scrum, it is basically a policy of daily meetings of
> the team, to be sure no one is lost and that everyone is accomplishing
> something. <snip>
>
> Now other sites list scrum not so much as daily meetings but as sprints, which
> can be defined as almost any length, such as week sprints, two-week sprints,
> and so on. <snip>

The Agile SDLC is much more than scrums and sprints (which are very different things, BTW). It's an entirely different software development methodology than the traditional waterfall model. Here's a good place to start understanding Agile (lots of pictures :-) ):

http://www.ambysoft.com/essays/agileLifecycle.html

The same site has a good article about the Agile Manifesto, which can help you understand the motivations and mindsets behind Agile:

http://www.ambysoft.com/essays/agileManifesto.html

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-903-6372
------

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z