Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for June 21, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:39:18 -0400

Is there a traditional greeting for welcoming summer? Happy Summer
Solstice? Merry Summer Solstice? Good Summer Solstice? According to the
trusty Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer>, Midsummer is a
very popular holiday in Scandinavian and Baltic countries, with lots of
celebrations and partying – sounds a lot like the American Halloween.
Anyway, any excuse for a good party works well in our world. But I doubt if
most employers will recognize it as an official holiday… kind of a shame
really.

If you're postponing your Midsummer merriment to the weekend, we can help.
As you’re relaxing by the pool, or picnicking near a cool mountain stream,
or couch potato-ing in your nice air-conditioned condo, you may need some
summer reading fare, or at least some items to get you thinking and
debating when you’re back in the office. In honor of Midsummer, I'd like to
humbly suggest you peruse Mark Baker’s latest Users’ Advocate on treating
the Buyer as a User<http://techwhirl.com/users-advocate-we-have-to-treat-the-buyer-as-a-user/>.
Take a few minutes to vote and comment in this week’s tech comm poll—we're
really curious about what kind of content you’re publishing to your company
blogs or websites<http://techwhirl.com/technical-communication-poll-what-content-do-you-publish-to-your-corporate-blogs/>.
And then round it all out with a trip through Craig Cardimon’s Tech Writer
This Week <http://techwhirl.com/tech-writer-this-week-for-june-20-2013/>, a
curated look at what others are saying and doing in the worlds of tech
comm, user experience, content strategy and customer experience management.
And of course, you're always welcome to join the conversation on the email
discussion list <http://techwr-l.com/>.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week for June 20, 2013, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/12NjgEw
- Technical Communication Poll: What Content Do You Publish to Your
Corporate Blogs? | http://bit.ly/13P4hI7
- Users’ Advocate: We Have to Treat the Buyer as a User, by Mark Baker |
http://bit.ly/13LNhT9

*Technical communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- MadWorld 2014: Call for Papers & Early Bird Registration |
http://ow.ly/2xKvwZ
- IGC Brava!® Released for IBM Content Navigator | http://ow.ly/2xGjzw
- SDL Enhances freetranslation.com with SDL Language Platform |
http://ow.ly/2xDHNW <http://ow.ly/2xss1N>

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl