how to handle power point slides?

Subject: how to handle power point slides?
From: Becca <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: tech2wr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

I've created two guides - one for the facilitators and one for students - for a class. These guides are actually mini-textbooks, with the contents structured as lectures. It has a 2" indent on the left side - in that indented space, in text boxes, are the texts of the Power Point slides that will be used in the actual lectures.In the actual text block are occasional boxed notes to the facilitators (which are also in a different color text), which are omitted in the student guide version of the text.

This course will be given by a wide range of instructors, and each instructor will have their own specialty, which is why the course content is structured as lectures, so that no matter what a given instructor decides to stress, the students will always have the same content available to them.

In the last section, the SME who wrote the lectures simply gave me the instructions to have the facilitators read some specific papers and summarize. In the Facilitator Notes boxes, I've summarized the papers as a series of bullet points that the instructors should stress to the students when covering the materials. These bullet points are also given in Power Point slides.

Currently, in the student version of the guides, there are only notes to read the papers and brief lectures covering information in addition to what's in the recommended reading papers.  This is the one section where the students don't have copies of the power point slides.

I can, of course, put the power point slides for the recommended papers into margin-based text boxes, but then the main text area will be totally blank, and we'll just have page after page of these margin-based text boxes.

I can break my format, and repeat the bullet points in the student guide in the main text area, boxed to indicate that this material is in power point slides.

or I'm not sure how else to handle this. In the beta version of the course, our formatting and approach was praised as avoiding "death by power point" but the students missed having copies of the power point slides from the referenced papers, so I'm loathe to simply not include the bullet points some how -  I'm just not sure how to include them.

any suggestions on how I can format these slides in the student guide? (having the SME re-write the bullet points lists as lectures in his own words is not an option.)

Regards,
Becca
Dragons and Dreams: Bedtime Stories is now available at Amazon!
The Snarls: a Hair Combing Storyis now available at Amazon, Sony, B&N, and Kobo.
Check us out - we're at www.wyrmtalespress.com

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ