Re: need a word for "ranging"

Subject: Re: need a word for "ranging"
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:40:26 -0800

The behavior you're describing is called "auto-ranging," in which the settings of a device are automatically adjusted based on various inputs.

"Ranging" refers to the process by which a distance or set of values is determined.

The problem with "variable" is that it doesn't reflect the fact that the settings are being changed automatically.

Gene Kim-Eng

New! Doc-to-Help 2013 features the industry's first HTML5 editor for authoring.

Learn more:


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


need a word for "ranging": From: Monique Semp

Previous by Author: Re: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for November 22, 2013
Next by Author: Re: need a word for "ranging"
Previous by Thread: Re: need a word for "ranging"
Next by Thread: Re: need a word for "ranging"

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads