RE: JIRA release notes & other doc features?

Subject: RE: JIRA release notes & other doc features?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Diana Corrigan <Diana -dot- Corrigan -at- visionsoftware -dot- com>, Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 11:30:49 -0500

Can I assume that the extensive tweaking and viewing by multiple parties in your Jira system is enforced by workflow?
By that, I mean, can any steps be skipped or taken out-of-order, or when the process and fields were set up, you also adjusted the workflow to ensure that each issue goes through all those hands in that order?

If that latter is the case, then your way seems superior to ours.
Ours works, because we are mandated to have the big bug-scrub meetings before a release cycle can complete. But because it all happens in roughly a one-week period, with a group of people committed to a few hours of meetings (depending on the scope of the sprint we just had), it can often happen that certain key people are not present (vacation, business travel, illness, conflicting meetings for other reasons). There's also the disadvantage that some people are seeing most of the content for the first time, or for the first time since they reported the issue a year ago, so they are rushed to assimilate it and make decisions/suggestions.

So your way makes sense for a number of reasons.

I will begin pushing string uphill to have something of the sort implemented here.

QUESTION: Do you ever get Jira Issues that must change from "Include in Release Notes = NO" to "Include in Release Notes = YES" ?
If so, how is that handled, late in the game, when several people/roles have already handled and passed the issue onward, before it had specific content meant for Release Notes?