RE: JIRA release notes & other doc features?

Subject: RE: JIRA release notes & other doc features?
From: Diana Corrigan <Diana -dot- Corrigan -at- visionsoftware -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:18:59 +0000

Sorry

So carried away talking about business processes and workflow that I forgot the question at the bottom of Kevin's e.

The answer is yes, rarely.

In all our cases the decision that it is an 'internal' note is made by at coding stage. They have been trained to include a reason - this saves then time later so it was not hard to do. Then when the Support consultant looks at it, they might disagree and think there is something we need to communicate to clients. They don't change it, they discuss it with the TA and come to agreement. They can involve me, or not. Typically the support consultant would write up the change, then complete their stage of the task and then it would go to Documentation and I would review it as per usual.

I should add that the support consultant is part of the sprint team. A group of them rotate from their usual support duties to being on the team and that takes them about 50% of their time.

Cheers, Diana