Cloud Technologies for Tech Writers

Subject: Cloud Technologies for Tech Writers
From: Roger Renteria <roger -dot- renteria -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 02:33:58 -0700

Hi everyone. I've looked at the techwr-l mailing list archives and found
some info about using the cloud for authoring and file storage, but I want
to revisit the subject since online cloud technology changes fast. I'm
doing a survey to identify cloud technologies that technical writers use
everyday for professional use and want to share your experiences in the
forms of conference presentations and online articles. If you have any
questions, please let me know. If you know of anyone who would like to help
out, please pass this along!

To simplify my definition, cloud technology involves a program, service, or
hybrid that uses an internet connection to save, open, and distribute
information in a seamless form that can also be accessed on multiple
devices. In addition, cloud technology can be a service that replaces or
mimics another service where access the system only exists virtually
(example: Skype mimics voice communication and replaces traditional phone
calls, or Netflix mimics broadcast TV and replaces DVDs).

*Questionnaire*

What kind of online productivity programs, apps, or services do you
typically use? (Examples include any online services, online storage,
software installed on your computer, mobile apps, etc.)

How did these cloud technology apps or services replace or enhance existing
programs found on your computer?

If it enhanced your experience, how did these services make it easier to
collaborate with others?

What kind of business or professional success (if any) have you had with
those programs, apps, or services?

Was it worth your time to try something new?

If you pay for a cloud service, do you find it affordable?

Do you feel a sense of security (both for saving and protecting your data)
and reliability using cloud technology?

Thank you again for your quick responses!
-Roger

---
Roger Renteria
http://writetechie.com
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS