RE: What would you call this?

Subject: RE: What would you call this?
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- ga -dot- com>
To: Tammy Van Boening <tammyvb -at- spectrumwritingllc -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:10:55 -0700

Control bar ?


Tammy Van Boening wrote on Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:39 AM:

Hi All,

I am writing to an application that runs on iOS devices and I need to describe the user interface. At the top of the interface is an area that shows the icon for the iPad or iPhone, the current time, and the charging status. It also shows the name of the application tab that is currently opened and it has an button titled Settings for accessing the settings for the application. This is a distinct area of the interface and it is shaded light gray with a line underneath it to differentiate from the main work area of the interface below it, which has a white background. I have to give the users some context about the layout of this interface, so I need to identify this distinct area with the proper name/ID and I am stumped. My SMEs don't really have a name for it either - they just say at the top of the interface you see all this information. I want to say something like in the "status bar" or "view bar" , the following is displayed.



Tammy Van Boening
Spectrum Writing, LLC
TammyVB *AT* spectrumwritingllc *DOT* com

Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more:


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


What would you call this?: From: Tammy Van Boening

Previous by Author: RE: A status bar by any other name...
Next by Author: Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 101, Issue 6
Previous by Thread: Re: What would you call this?
Next by Thread: RE: What would you call this?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads