Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for May 2, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 10:17:49 -0400

Spring in the Southeastern US is unique in its karmic balanceâthe worst
pollen allergies ever coupled with an absolutely gorgeous array of greenery
and color. The flurry of road construction projects, accompanied by
extraordinary (at least for the Southeast) traffic issues that wonât ease
up for another six months.

In the content and tech comm world thereâs a bit of karmic balance too. The
initial rush of new job postings and contracts subsides long enough to
allow our colleagues time to get oriented before trotting off for the new
season of conferences and workshops. It makes up for a long dreary winter
and battles with SMEs and assorted managers.

Meanwhile back here at TechWhirl, weâre reviewing new (and not quite new)
books that can help in tackling the latest content challenges, providing
tips and tricks for using the tools of the trade, and looking for votes and
commentary in our latest poll. And oh yeah, planning for next weekâs Fast
5 chat with the good folks of Doc-to-Help on Creating Great Content for the
Web<http://techwhirl.com/event/techwhirl-fast-5-developing-great-content-web/>(sign
up for a reminder and feel free to send questions in advance).

in our communities: Register for the
forum<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories>or
subscribe
to the email list<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe>to
take part in the conversations. And donât forget to check
out the archives <http://www.techwr-l.com/> to get a feel for some of those
past debates.

Have a great, allergy-free weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week May 1, 2014 | http://bit.ly/PTw4Ei
- Tips and Tricks: Review Frame Content with Adobe Acrobat, by Bernard
Aschwanden | http://bit.ly/1nHCNjm
- Book Review: âCloutâ Is Heavy Reading for Serious Web Content Jockeys,
by Craig Cardimon | http://bit.ly/1isA0J6
- Priorities for Creating Optimized Content (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1nERzoh

*Technical Communication news on http://TechWhirl.com/news
<http://techwhirl.com/news>: *

 âBe The Captain Of Your Careerâ Released |
http://bit.ly/1fE9BY4<http://bit.ly/1fE9BY4>

 Xyleme LCMS Integrates with Acrolinx | http://ow.ly/2G9ksX

 Congility 2014 Focuses on Coherent, Consistent Content across
User Touch-points | http://ow.ly/2G3IkV
Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- EasyDITA: Answering your questions about
search<http://easydita.com/answering-your-questions-about-search/>
- MadCap: The MadCap Scholar Program: MadCap Softwareâs Latest
University Partnerships<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/04/25/the-madcap-scholar-program-madcap-softwares-latest-university-partnerships-2/>
- Scriptorium: Ten mistakes for content strategists to
avoid<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/04/ten-mistakes-for-content-strategists-to-avoid/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ten-mistakes-for-content-strategists-to-avoid>
- Adobe Systems: Adobe Tech Comm products continue to be available via
CLP/TLP<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/04/adobe-tech-comm-products-continue-to-be-available-via-clptlp.html>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>,
easyDITA<http://easydita.com/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS